Friday, June 10, 2005

The Best Education

Before I had a boyfriend, people used to ask me for relationship advice and I always felt like such a fraud giving it since I couldn't base my advice on experience. It was all based on how I thought relationships should be and how I saw different couples.

Yesterday when Andy asked me for some advice about his 'relationship' (if we can even call it that since it never actually got off the ground), I realised that even though I had a boyfriend, my advice was still the same. I still have the same values and views on how things should be and that hasn't changed at all.

Learnt another interesting thing last night. Knowing how to speak POBian has many hidden benefits. I had to call my Mum when I was with David and spoke to her in POBian. When I hung up, he told me that he never expected POBian to sound so attractive (well, he used another word to describe it). So he kept asking me to say something in POBian and every time I did, he shivered (a bit too dramatically for effect). I tried hard not to laugh. Actually, I didn't try at all, I just laughed. He didn't care.

I'm loving all the new unexpected things that I'm learning, that I've never even thought about.

No comments: