Saturday, June 18, 2005

Living the Dream

I've been so busy with the film shoot in the last few days that I haven't had time to blog. Plus, I'm so happy beyond words that I can't find ways to write about what's happening.

I'm living my dream life right now. I have the best boyfriend and I'm working on a film.

The film shoot finishes next week so I don't know what I'll be doing after that. Probably desperately looking for a job. Any job. At least I have David. He makes everything 100 times better. He makes me so happy I feel like I'm dreaming and it's not really my life. I never thought someone like him could make me feel so good but he does. Every day with him is the best day of my life.

Last night we went to one of his friend's birthday party. It was at a pub in the middle of nowhere. There was a live band which played all the best music. It's undescribable how much fun it was to dance with him. I just couldn't believe he was mine and no one else's. We were only one of two couples in the group. Another thing I've never been used to. I was never the one who was part of a couple.

The other people were gossiping about us for most of the night. I didn't care. I don't think they did either since they would do it with us right there. They said we made a cute couple. So not used to people referring to me as part of a couple (and a cute one too) or as David's girlfriend. Of course, I loved it. I was also asked a few times about my 'boyfriend'. I know little things like that seem so insignificant to other people but I love them so much.

Even though I like all those little things, I love the big things, like having really good conversations with David.

He said, "Next time we should do something intelligent". I said, "Like what?" and he replied, "Like... play chess". I told him my grandparents (who are about 80) play chess every night to keep their minds sharp and he said, "Are we going to play chess every night when we're 80?"

I'm really getting the feeling (from many things he said) that he can see a real future with us. He said he was just worried that since he's my first boyfriend, I only see him as experience. Although that was true, I'm starting to think that experience is overrated. He's just not worth leaving after I get the experience or in order to get more. I told him he had nothing to worry about and I felt the same way he did.

We talked about how even though we haven't been going out for too long, we're starting to act like we've been going out for months. It's just hard to comprehend that I would like my first boyfriend so much. Considering how desperate I was to get a boyfriend, you'd think my first one would've been some random guy. Ok, so he did start off being a random one but the more I get to know him, the more I realise how good he is for me.

I'm just so extremely grateful that I met him.

No comments: