Sunday, June 26, 2005

Just the Two of Us

Amelia and I went dancing last night. I've never been just with one other person and didn't realise what a big difference it made in regards to how many guys try to talk to you. Amelia said that Christine had a wedding to go to and Claudia didn't reply to her message. She was probably with Mike and could've at least said she couldn't/didn't want to come.

So anyway, it was just the two of us. Didn't really care too much, until all these guys started coming up and try to dance with us. We would just turn the other way and pretend they weren't there. In my head, I kept thinking, "I have a boyfriend. I have a boyfriend". Couldn't they tell?!

When we were having a rest and sitting down, some guy came up to me and tried to pull me to dance, while I was holding a glass of water. I told him I was taking a break. He then looked at my glass and said, "Is that just water?!" as if there was something wrong with it. Then, he asked if Amelia and I were sisters to which I said, "Yes" because that required the least effort. To my surprise, he gave us this disgusted look and left. Wonder why us being sisters put him off... That was weird, but at least achieved the desired result. I liked the idea of Amelia and I being sisters, though. We look nothing alike though (other than same colour hair and similar shape). Amelia has been looking really gorgeous lately. Every time I see her looking so... adult, I keep remembering her when she was 13. Gosh, that's been a long time ago. Life was so different then...

When I was on the train to meet her, some guy tried to talk to me. What is it about public transport that makes strange guys talk to me? I was doing a good job answering in one word answers and looking away until he got the hint: I didn't want to talk to him. He said he was new to the city, but did I look like I cared? It was none of his business where I was going and what I was doing.

When we were waiting for our buses to go home, Amelia said that she usually waits for the bus alone and every time she gets some guy chatting her up. When I saw a bus that seemed to be going my way, I went to catch it but then the driver told me it didn't stop where I needed it to so I went back to Amelia and guess what? There was some guy talking to her. She gave me the "See? I told you" look. Fortunately the guy's bus came pretty much as soon as I came back so he left. Amelia said this one wasn't too bad, he only asked if she was married.

Amelia also told me that on the way to the city, two old (retired age) men tried to chat her up which was funny. After the usual lines (Do you have a boyfriend? Where are you going? etc.) this is what one old man said:

Old man: do you want to come to my place? Oh, actually you can't. I have to take my medication.

Geez, too bad because I really wanted to.

Amelia always gets into the weirdest situations. She told me the married guy she went out with once (I might explain later) came to her work with his kids. Forgot to ask her if he really did get divorced/separated like he said. Sometimes I think she likes getting into unnecessary situations like that because she loves the drama of it.

Hopefully, next week she can come out with David, me and David's friends. Might invite Nadine and her friends too. The more the merrier. April is leaving overseas next week. I remember I said that I'd rather not talk to David for 5 weeks than April but now I changed my mind. I go crazy if I don't talk to him even for one day.

Wished he was there with me last night but it would've been weird with only Amelia there. I had a good time nonetheless. Amelia is great to go out with because she can have fun anywhere. Like David. She also has some sort of aura/energy about her that's really contagious and makes me feel really great.

Haven't talked to April for ages. I know she's stressed with all her exams now but want to talk to her to see how she really is.

No comments: