Friday, June 10, 2005

Dreams

I've been posting so much about David that I've neglected to write about other areas of my life.

Yesterday when I was in the editting room, preparing some stuff for the film shoot and chatting with the Director while he was having lunch, this huge group of American students burst into the room, one with a camera pointing at us. I almost felt like it was some Current Affairs show and they were going to accuse us of something horrible.

Turned out they were having a tour of the place and wanted to interview the Director about the course. While the camera was pointing at him, I quickly slipped to the back of the crowd. The whole group looked like from some TV show - all tall and charismatic. Typical American film students. Reminded me of my time there and made me yearn to be a part of their group.

When I was writing this entry, something occurred to me. My persistent dream/obsession to work in the movie/tv industry stems from my childhood. I must've been influenced by all the times my Mum took me to the theatre and all the times I had to be in musicals. That rush I got from being a part of all the busy excitement of rehearsals and then the feeling of dancing on stage, in costume. It must've stayed with me.

Told my Mum it was all her fault I wanted to work in one of the hardest industries and she said she was very glad it was her fault because it's great to have a dream to be passionate about achieving. Had quite a long conversation with her about David and relationships. I think she's too excited to be able to give all the advice she's stored inside herself for 21 years. Some of it was quite thought-provoking. My parents are the only ones who can really influence me.

No comments: