Thursday, June 23, 2005

Surprise

David and I were supposed to meet tomorrow after his exam and hang around till about 8pm when we were supposed to meet his friends and go clubbing.

He just called me to tell me that his friends couldn't come and he has to take his Mum to the doctor after the exam so we're meeting later. After asking me where I wanted to go and me saying that I really didn't care, he said it was going to be a surprise. He, then, started saying that he shouldn't have said that. I wonder if he came up with it on the spot and then regretted it, or if he really wanted to surprise me. Either way, I'm excited.

I have a feeling it's going to be that restaurant that he's been wanting to go for weeks now, but we'll see.

He offered to drive me home again. I told him that wouldn't be necessary since I should have the car tomorrow, but in the tiny case that I don't, I'd just catch the train back earlier (i.e. before 10pm since he lives at a not very safe train station). He insisted on driving me back if I don't get the car. He said he liked driving me back. I told him I didn't believe him. He said that he liked any extra time he got to spend with me. He defines sweetness. Before, I used to get very suspicious of anything nice/sweet that he told me because I thought he was just saying it, but he says things like that so often, I'm starting to believe him. It's almost like the reverse where if someone tells another person they're horrible repeatedly, that person starts to believe it.

Can't wait till tomorrow. I haven't seen him since last Friday and miss him. I think my desperate want for a boyfriend has been replaced by a desperate want to be with him. Still remember the weekend after we 'officially' became boyfriend and girlfriend when I wasn't as happy about it as I thought I'd be. Sure, I was ecstatic about the idea of having a boyfriend, but not about him specifically. And now, I can't get enough of him.

I think if I've achieved the impossible (i.e. getting a boyfriend), I'm capable of getting a job.

No comments: