Saturday, June 25, 2005

The Cause of Happiness

3:00am

David: aren't your parents going to get worried that you're not home so late?
me: no, they'll be asleep

10:00am

Mum: why did you only get home after 4?!!
me: you were awake?
Mum: I couldn't sleep

I felt like a teenager having my Mum interrogate me about what we were doing so late since it was raining all night. What does she expect me to say? "Oh, we had sex"? I was so tempted to say it to see her reaction but I didn't want her to have a heart attack. I told her the truth - we went to see a movie and then talked (well, semi-truth). I know all she wanted me to say was something innocent (even if it wasn't true) so she could relax.

The surprise that David mentioned was just going to see a movie. What a surprise that that was the surprise. After the movie, we drove around a bit trying to decide where to go since it was freezing and raining. He took me to some tiny lookout where we just stayed in the car for hours, talking. He said that Ryan (the friend who I met the first time I met his friends) said that we (David and I) are meant for each other. Wonder what made him say that. April thinks David is totally not my type. I agree with her but don't care. No one makes me feel the way he does so what difference does it make if he's not the type of guy I imagined for myself?

He's always interested in me and my life. And he gets worried about me which I find so endearing.

I found out that even though he had many girlfriends, they were all very short-term ones. I don't know why but it kind of comforts me that he never had any serious long-term girlfriend that he could compare me to. He asked me to tell him about what my friends were really like. I said that I thought that April and I were very similar but he said he didn't think so at all when he met her.

I asked him what made him want to go out with someone and the first thing he said was looks which I found really offensive. He said first impressions counted and neat appearance was important. Should I take his English into account? So by looks, he meant neat appearance? I know looks are important but they are not the most important thing and he agreed but said that it's the first thing he noticed when he met a person. He even associated it with going for job interviews where it was important how you presented yourself. Hmm... Then, he said education was important. I asked him if he thought that, why did he get offended when I said people who do uni are different. He said that by education, he meant someone who had ambition and goals. Similar music tastes were important to him. He said if someone listened only to bands like Nirvana, he'd think they were angry so he liked someone who liked variety. Another important thing was communication so he wanted someone he could talk with about anything and someone with whom he could be totally himself (the latter he said an hour after the conversation because he was still thinking about it).

He didn't ask what I looked for. I used to have an extensive list but now it's just someone who makes me happy. And he does. When I'm with him, I feel like I'm in alternate universe, like a dream.

He said something a little weird last night. He said that one day I might go to America to work in film and he might get a job interstate or something and we'd never see each other again. Didn't like the sound of that. Especially after he said he saw a serious future for us.

David: what would you say if I said this was just for fun and not serious?
me: ok?
David: that's what you would say?!
me: no, but I want to know where we stand. If you told me that, I'd have to distance myself. Why? Do you see this as just fun?
David: no! I hate it when it's just for fun. I like for things to be real. It feels better when it means something.
me: definitely
David: ok, good.

That would've been a surprise if he decided that we were together just for fun after how much he tells me he wants things to be serious.

Yesterday, before meeting up with David, I orgqnised an interview at a recruitment agency for myself, something I've never done before.

me: Hi, I'd like to apply for temp work
agent: ok.
me: can I have your email to send you my resume?
agent: sure, it's [email]
me: so... would it be possible to organise an interview?
agent: would you like to come at 2?
me: sure, that would be great.

At the interview, the agent said they had an available temporary role which involved filing. The good thing about it was that it was very flexible and I could do it any day/time I wanted so I'd be able to do the next film (that I volunteered for). I'm meeting the manager next Tuesday. If it goes well, I'll have some source of income again. Even if it is very low, but it's just filing so can't expect much. At least I'll get to do the next film project (which is actually not just a student production, but a real thing that will probably be on TV). I couldn't say no to that. Wish I had a good job. But not as much as having a boyfriend so all is good. Wonderful, even. I don't feel like I have to have an amazing career to fulfil all other areas of my life anymore.

Will be meeting Amelia tonight (to make up for last weekend). We're going clubbing. It'll be my first time going clubbing just with my friends when I'm in a relationship. Before, even though it'd be mainly to have a good time dancing, there was always a bit of hope that I'd meet some cute guy. Don't need to have that thought anymore.

No comments: