Sunday, June 05, 2005

The Future

One of the wonderful things about having a boyfriend is that I always have something to do on the weekend. Although every time I see him, I only get home in the morning.

Tonight we went to see a movie. He actually wanted to watch A Lot Like Love. Like I'd say no to a romantic comedy. If you read my pre-boyfriend entries, you can imagine how I felt watching such a movie with a guy holding my hand.

After the movie, we went to a beach area and hung around there. He said some things that really surprised me.

David: I've had my fun, now I just want something serious
me: what do you mean by that?
David: I'd like to build a future with you. When I asked you if you wanted to be my girlfriend, I meant that I want to have a real relationship with you. I don't want to get seriously into this if you're going to break my heart the next day.
me: I promise I won't break your heart tomorrow
David: what about Monday?
me: I'll give you a two week notice.
David: ok, excellent

Oh my God. I didn't realise he thinks we're starting something that has a potential future. How could we have a future if there are so many things in the way? I don't want to hurt him by letting him think that, but I don't want to tell him that I don't think we have a future because I'm enjoying being with him too much. I'm so selfish, I know. I feel so conflicted now. I just can't believe there's finally a guy who thinks so much of me, who is always making sure if I'm ok and just makes me feel so special, like I'm actually very important and wonderful. I just can't let go of that just yet.

No comments: