Friday, June 03, 2005

Who's Important

I told my Mum about David. Not really out of my own accord but still.

She came into my room last night and after some small talk, she asked, "So are you going to at least tell me his name?" So I quite happily did. We, then, had a nice chat about him. I even volunteered specific details of how we met. To my surprise, Mum acted pretty adult about the whole thing.

She said I should invite him over. Told her, that probably wouldn't be happening any time soon. She asked if he was intelligent. I had to laugh. She should know that I'd never go out with someone who wasn't. Told David about it later and he said, "You think I'm intelligent? I can act really stupid though." I said that even the most intelligent people do/say stupid things and we were obvious proof of that. He couldn't disagree but he did note how humble I was. And he says I'm the sarcastic one!

He told me how he was thinking of doing something, that I didn't exactly agree with, and to my surprise he said that he wouldn't do it if I wouldn't support him in it. Couldn't believe how important my opinion was to him. Of course, I didn't say that he couldn't do it. That's way too much power for me to have over someone. Not exactly used to that. Told him it was his decision but maybe he should just think about it some more so if he decides to do it, it would be for the right reasons.

I never realised how much my opinion of what he does with his life mattered if we are a couple. I love it.

No comments: