Thursday, June 23, 2005

Looks Better

After yesterday's persistent calling of recruitment agencies to at least get some temp work which ended quite unsuccessfully, I walked over half an hour each way to get my homoepathic medication. Even though I'm not a fan of exercise, I have to say that it really made me feel better. I guess not the physical act of walking but the satisfaction that I did something for my health (and beauty because doing things just for health isn't as much fun).

Since today I didn't have any purpose to walk, I decided to go to the City and check out all the sales. Shopping is one of my favourite forms of exercise. I felt a bit guilty going since I'm unemployed but my Mum (not being like regular Mums) said that when I do become employed, I won't have time to go shopping and by then there won't be any big sales so I'll end up wasting more money. Talk about putting a positive spin. She even offered me money which I refused because I'm 21. I wonder why I always have guilt when buying things (I could do without) when all my life my Mum encouraged me to buy things.

Bought a warm jacket since I only have one other one and it's not very flattering. Also, got a cute top. Finally I have a guy to appreciate what I wear. Well, not the specific clothes, but how I look in them. Unlike my friends who would notice the actual items. And I know this is all very superficial but it feels great to have someone to find you attractive. Must make the most of it. Even felt like buying some cute underwear (the colourful kind with extra details that's not worth buying if no one sees it), but decided that was unnecessary at the moment.

A while ago, David sent me his photos from his party and of course I showed my family (since they only saw the one he originally gave me). Mum said he looked ok and my brother said he looked chubby (which he definitely isn't). It made me realise that I'm probably the only one who finds him as attractive as I do. It's amazing how much better a person looks when you like them so much. I'm pretty sure I found him quite average when I met him, but the more I got to know him and the more I grew to like him, the better he seemed in my eyes. And now I find him totally gorgeous and can't see how no one else can see it. Our minds can play incredible tricks on our eyes.

No comments: