Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Loss of Self-Worth

I'm starting to feel that the fact that I don't have a job right now is making me helpless and David is going to lose his respect for me and he's going to think that I'm not good enough. I'm already starting to experience the 'unemployed syndrome' (or whatever it's called) where the unemployed starts to lose confidence because he/she can't find a job and this loss of confidence makes it ever harder to gain employment.

I just feel really useless because I have a freakin' degree and it's not helping me get a job I want. And I don't have enough experience which I can't get because of the lack of it. It's like a vicious cycle.

And what am I really thinking about the whole film thing? How long do I have to volunteer for to get a paid job? It's so unrealistic. I can't just wait for luck. And I know David thinks so, even though he said he'll support me in anything that makes me happy. I know deep inside he's thinking I'm being ridiculous.

I can't expect people to be confident in my ability to be a valuable part of society if I don't feel that myself. And the only way I can feel that is if I get a job where I have responsibility (even if I don't really like it).

No comments: