Friday, May 20, 2005

A Conversation With The Director

I called up the director of the film in the morning today and after trying 3 numbers that I was given, I failed to reach him.

Now, hours later, I received a call from him. He didn't sound too scary or creepy or perverted but quite nice. Although I really have no idea how scary creepy perverted people sound on the phone. He asked if I read the script. I said I have. Fortunately he didn't ask me what I thought of it, even though I planned an appropriate answer.

him: so, what did you think of the script?
me [in my head]: the dialogue is simplistic, the storyline is barely there, the X-rated content is completely unnecessary, the film doesn't seem to convey any point and the only thing that relates it to art is the use of double frames.
me: it seems like a personal story and is like getting a glimpse into someone's life.

I'll be meeting up with him on Monday as well. (Maybe I'll get to use my prepared line then.) He sounds like he'd be ok to work with. Not too bossy or stubborn.

It's hard to describe how excited I am about the whole thing. (I don't even care how bad the actual movie is. Maybe they can change the dialogue to something more intelligent.)

No comments: