Monday, May 23, 2005

My Calling

I'm in love. And it's not with a guy. Or girl :P

I get so excited just thinking about it and would gladly wake up at 5am every morning for it.

Today I've been confirmed what I knew all along. Film/TV industry is what I where I want to work.

When I got to the studios, the producer gave me a tour of the place and I felt like I did when I went on those studio tours in America, only now I was actually going to be working here (well, volunteering). My heart started beating faster as she showed me the different departments, and of course the actual studio. I met with the director who seemed like the nicest guy. He sent me and another volunteer on location scouting. Can't believe people do this professionally and get paid! I was told the location scout for Tomb Raider had to travel around the world looking for locations and had a personl chauffeur to drive him/her around.

The other volunteer, Cindy, was just as excited about the whole thing as me. The only difference was that she already had a lot more experience in production because she already did a paid internship overseas at a TV studio, plus she entered several film festivals and won some prizes.

It was so great to talk to someone who was as passionate about this as I am.

For most of the day we went around the city, looking for the addresses that the Art Director gave us and asked the owners of the houses permission if we could film their place. I expected a lot of people to slam the door in our faces but all of the ones we asked agreed.

When we got back, the Director said that he'll be needing us all week. It'll be like a full-time job. Only loads of fun. Tomorrow I'm supposed to be using my drawing skills to improve his storyboard, on Wednesday he wants us to watch as many films as possible to get ideas for his one and on Friday, we have to assist with the auditions. (There's a rumour we're going to get a famous Australian actor, but obviously not as a volunteer.) He also changed the script because the editors told him it wasn't too good and he wants us to be his audience tomorrow.

If I got paid to do this, it would never feel like a job. This is what I want to do for the rest of my life.

This week will definitely go faster if I have this to keep me busy. So can't wait to see David.

No comments: