Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Friday With Friends

Claudia called because she's organising a night out (as April told me a week ago). Of course it has to be on Friday when I'm meeting David and Nadine. It's like a law that different groups of friends only want to go out on the same day and then you have other days when everyone's busy. Why can't the outings be more spread out?

Anyway, I decided to meet Claudia, Christine (and whoever else comes) for dinner. Then meet up with David and call Nadine to see where she is. If she and her friends are in the city by that time, we'll go and meet them. If not, we'll either go somewhere alone or go back to my school friends. So might not even see Nadine on Friday. Damn.

When I told Claudia I'm busy on Friday, she said a bit too quickly and a bit too loudly, "Oh no! You have to come!" That was only a sign that she and Christine are going to interrogate me about David. Should be entertaining. (So I know that not everything is about me and David, but I think this is.)

When I finished with Claudia, it was too late to call David. Will call him tomorrow. How is it possible to miss someone you only talked to yesterday? Just want to see him.

If I could organise my perfect weekend, it would go like this:

Friday: meet David and go see Nadine and her friends
Saturday: meet David alone
Sunday: have lunch with the girls

But instead, I'll have a super busy Friday night and an empty weekend. Oh well, as long as I get to see David, it will be great. Oh yeah, and catching up with friends should be good too. Don't want to become one of those people who abandon their friends once they get boyfriends.

It's still a bit surreal that David, BG3, is my boyfriend. I have a guy. Yes, me. So I'm not going to have a chance to make the world record for never having a boyfriend in my life. My blog was half-unintentionally dedicated to me wanting a boyfriend for 2 years! And now I have him. And it's not like I've even settled on just anyone, like I would have if anything happened with Max. I actually want to be with David. It's just too weird. My life still feels pretty much the same, only the panicky anxiety feeling about being alone is gone. Finally I have someone to pair up with.

Even if this whole thing doesn't last long, at least I'll know that I've joined the rest of society.

Wish he was easier to figure out though. Usually when I meet people, I think of people similar to them so I can see what sort of person they are but with him, I can't think of anyone similar to him. Makes things just that much harder. But the good thing about that is that it makes things fun.

I can go on about him for a very long time since he's the only thing that dominates my thoughts so I better stop ranting.

No comments: