Sunday, May 08, 2005

Who's That Hot Guy?

Why is it that the later I go to bed, the easier I find to wake up early?

Got home after 3am today. Still a bit on a high.

Yesterday I realised that I do really care if this guy likes me or not because the more I get to know him, the more I like him. Or maybe I was just too impressed by his professional dancing abilities. Felt like an idiot trying to do my beginner salsa moves with him. Couldn't remember a thing. He didn't seem to mind and was twirling and spinning me all over the place.

Then when we went to another dance floor that had the usual music, I realised that I was so used to dancing by myself in a circle of friends all the time that I had no idea how to dance to club music with a guy. Another embarrassing thing to add my list. But it was better after I got used to it. A lot easier since there are no specific steps like in the previous one. Plus, we started doing silly moves and so the people we were with decided to pretend they didn't know us. I didn't blame them. We were being ridiculous. But having so much fun.

Also, I don't know how I didn't notice this before, but David is hot. He got a haircut and looked so much younger. And he was the hottest guy on the dance floor. I'm still puzzled how I could've missed that little detail.

His friends were totally cool too and I got along with them straight away. Whenever someone asked how we knew each other, I would just say uni (because I was paranoid one of them read my blog) but then David would add the "we met at a bus stop" bit.

David and I were also talking about how lots of people from uni that we know don't like to go out because they are always studying and we both agreed that there needs to be a balance between studying and having fun because these people will regret later that they wasted these years behind books. Finally someone agrees that studying is important but not everything.

Apparently he also got an award for coming first in a college course he did before uni. Intelligence is so attractive. Also it was good to hear that he was ambitious and had a career plan. It was like music to my ears. None of his friends that we were with had tertiary education but it was really important to him because he wanted to reach the top of his career.

Turned out he's really social too. The place we went to, he kept meeting people he knew every 20 minutes. But I guess you have to be social to meet someone (me) at a bus stop. He makes friends wherever he goes, yet he's not too loud and boisterous. He just has a really good attitude - 'enjoy life' type of thing.

Really must not start getting my hopes up because that's what ruins everything.

No comments: