Thursday, May 12, 2005

Plan: See David On the Weekend

Since just calling him up so soon made me too nervous, I decided to invite him out with my friends which would be more casual.

Step 1: Organise

I asked April on Monday if she was free. She was. The plan could go on.

On Tuesday I called up Claudia and asked her if she wanted to come. She said she was going to Mike's house on Saturday night and couldn't come. I said to bring Mike along and all of a sudden she agreed and said she'll come. That got me quite annoyed that she would only come if he was coming. Does going out with someone make you inseparable? I told her I'd call her later with the details. But I needed Mike to come so David would not be the only guy there. So everything was going according to plan.

I called up Christine but as usual it was impossible to reach her. Sent her a message and she replied that she wouldn't have any money left after Friday. The excuse of students. I knew it too well, even though it felt weird to hear her say that now that I'm working full-time. Was a bit disappointed but it's ok, I only need April, Claudia and Mike to come. Oh and David, of course.

Step 2: Confirm and call David to invite him

I called up Claudia to let her know the time and place but she didn't pick up. I messaged her to confirm she was coming. She wouldn't reply. I got agitated that she changed her mind and I would not be able to call David, something I was looking forward to all day. As the time was ticking away and it was getting late, I went to bed upset that I didn't get an excuse to call David.

Step 3: Think of a new excuse or hope Claudia replies with good news

After going through a relatively short phase of deciding he'll think that I don't like him since I didn't call and it was definitely my turn, I decided that this wasn't over yet and that it was my ridiculous thinking (that's evolved from never having a boyfriend and getting too impatient). I decided I'd call him next week and organise to meet up the following weekend, and since it wouldn't be so soon after last time, we wouldn't need to use friends as an excuse. We could just meet alone. Which would be perfectly fine with me.

Just as I was about to write about how much Claudia had changed from a sweet, always wanting to please, innocent girl to the opposite, when she messaged saying that she'd be coming, by herself. So I had my excuse to call (since I decided I could tell him that I thought Mike would be coming if he would be wondering why he was the only guy there) and instead of running to the phone, I got nervous. Was it too soon to call? I decided it was too late 'cause what if he decided to go to sleep early like last time and I'd wake him up? Didn't want to do that again. So I took the easy way out and... didn't do anything.

Just kidding. I messaged him. And he hasn't replied which leads me to believe that he might've really been asleep. Or he's avoiding me. That's my annoying thinking which I will try to postpone for a few days.

If he can't come, I would be fine with that because I don't know if I want him to come with me, April, Claudia and no guys. I just wanted for my turn to invite him somewhere be over so it can be his turn to make the next move.

So now it's his turn. The weight is off me.

Wonder what will end up happening. I predict he won't come.

No comments: