Sunday, May 29, 2005

Two Important Words

I was having a long conversation with April last night (as if we ever have short ones) and at around 10:30pm, I realised that my phone was completely forgotten in another room. I decided to go and get it. When I looked at it, I had a missed call from David. Couldn't believe he already called!

It's weird how nothing really changed other than that we said we were boyfriend and girlfriend now but because of those two words, no one has to worry about calling the other too soon or if the other person will call at all. We can call whenever, knowing that the other person will be happy to hear from us. I love that. No more anxious worrying about whether he likes me or not.

I didn't call him back 'cause I wasn't sure if he was asleep by the time I realised he called. Messaged him to say that I'll call today.

I was having an interesting discussion with Andy in the morning today about how it's odd that two people can get immediately closer by deciding to be boyfriend and girlfriend, even if nothing else had changed. We were wondering why that was so and decided that when you agree to go out with each other, it's like confirming that you really like each other and that relaxes both people and allows them get closer because they know the other person won't reject them.

Mum and Dad went out to some big party last night and when I asked them today how it was, the first thing Mum said was that my Dad actually danced with her, which is a big thing because I know how much my Dad hates dancing and he only ever does it for Mum. Was so tempted to tell her that I'd never have to force my boyfriend to dance. He'd probably be the one dragging me (which wouldn't be too hard but still). We were talking about how old everyone's getting and Dad said to me, "Look at you, you're 21!" and I wanted to add, "And I have a boyfriend" but I didn't.

I want to tell them but I don't want to be the one to bring it up.

David is always on my mind now. I woke up today and just felt so totally content. I have my dream work on Monday, I have a boyfriend, April and I are still best friends. So a paying job would be nice but that couldn't spoil my happiness. I mean, I had to do a lot of free work experience before getting the graphic design job so it only makes sense that I would have to do just as much (if not more) if I want to have a job in film/tv production. Very glad now that I did so much over-time and earned extra money at my last job. It should allow me to spend some time doing this volunteering work. I, honestly, can't wait till Monday when we'll get to discuss Friday's auditions.

Speaking of which, the auditions were so fascinating. I was extremely excited to be there, and so was the Director ('cause it was his first real one). We couldn't help but smile excitedly at each other after each actor left. We were almost jumping up and down because we were so happy to be there.

They were at a real casting agency and the actors were all professional. The Director kept asking my opinion which I happily gave to him 'cause I could immediately see who would be good 'cause I got to see the auditions from a screen as well, which is a bit different to just seeing them in front of your face. One guy was so hot and was perfect for the character too and just looked like a typical actor (who might be famous one day). I told the Director how much I liked that one and he didn't dismiss my opinion. The casting agent agreed with me. I love that my opinions are not being ignored.

The Director asked me if I wanted to work on another film. I said I would love to, even though I'm not sure if I should actually get a proper job. I asked David what he thought and he said that in his "humble opinion" I should try to establish a career in graphic design but it was really up to me. Well, duh! Just wanted to know what he thought. I knew he'd be practical like that. This is a guy who decided to do an Economics degree because there are more jobs in Finance. I respect that but I just know that I have give my dream a try.

Can't wait till Nadine's party next weekend 'cause I'll be able to bring him along. Can't wait to see her reaction.

me: Nadine, this is David
Nadine: hi!

Later:
Nadine: who was that?!
me: my boyfriend
Nadine: your boyfriend?!!!!!!!!!!
me: yep
Nadine: When?! How?! What?! Oh My God!

I predict it's going to be precisely like that.

I think one major thing that changed since last week is that I don't find couples upsetting anymore. Like I care if they want to act in love in public. I can read about how sweet some guy is being and not feel sick. I find it strangely satisfying.

No comments: