Sunday, May 15, 2005

Conversations

Friday: on the phone
David: how was your day?
me (in my head): it just got a hell of a lot better!
me: good

Saturday: before going out
me: do I look ok?
Mum: why does it matter? It's only Claudia and April. They won't care.
me: I know.

Saturday: walking out of the cafe
Claudia: how do you know them?
me: I only know David
Claudia: how do you know him?
me: uni
Claudia: did he do your course?
me: no
Claudia: so how do you know him?
me: uni

That's what she gets for not telling me she had a boyfriend for 6 months. I'll tell her eventually. April told me she was already getting interrogated and she had to say she didn't know anything.

Saturday: after getting home
Mum: who came?
me: April and Claudia
Mum: anyone else?
me: Mike
Mum: So it was just you four?
me: yes...
Mum: just you, April, Claudia and Mike?
me [hate lying]: maybe... there might've been some others
Mum: who?
me: why are you asking me all these questions? I'm going to bed.
Mum: aren't I allowed to ask?
me: good night!

There's a part of me that wants to tell her about David which is why I'm not trying very hard to lie convincingly but I hold back from telling her straight out because I don't want her to make a big deal about it before it actually becomes a big deal, and in case it never will. If I knew for certain she would not ask me about him constantly, I'd tell her in a second.

Is it weird that I miss David already if I just saw him last night? Didn't get to talk to him much yesterday so I guess it's not too weird.

No comments: