Wednesday, May 18, 2005

The Worst Rejection

I'm feeling a little nauseous at what I've just done. I've just rejected a job offer in the Media industry.

Yes, that's what I just said.

I've found a job ad for a Media Assistant in the morning so of course I applied. Then a couple of hours later I get a call from them saying I sound perfect for the job and that I have all the skills to be able to do it but they just wanted to make sure that I knew what it was about. The woman started saying how it's the financial side of Media and you have to love numbers to do it (which put me off immediately since I can't stand working with numbers, even though my resume shows the opposite - since it includes my years of Maths tutoring and my wonderful school Maths results, for which they asked). She said I'd have to write reports about how I think the television/radio stations should spend their budget and who they should advertise for. I loved the marketing side of it but the working with numbers all day totally put me off. So I said no.

I should've just said yes and then quit if I didn't like it.

It's too late to call back now so I should just get over it but the thought of the possibility that I could've been employed next week is too depressing.

No comments: