Tuesday, May 17, 2005

The Thoughts of an Unemployed

It feels weird being unemployed again. Sure I love that I can sleep in past 6:30am and not have to do the mundane tasks that I had to do at work, but it's still odd because it's not like I have uni to go back to at the end of this holiday-like time. I'm an adult now and have to work.

I really should update my portfolio with all the work I've done at my last job. I looked at some of the film courses again and don't know what to do. If only I had a part-time/temp job, my decision to go would be a lot easier. My rational mind keeps getting in the way because it keeps reminding me, "What's the point? What are the chances of you getting a career in television/film?" but my even more rational mind says, "If you don't do it, you'll defintely have a 0 chance but if you go, at least it will be possible. You only live once. If it doesn't work out, at least you went for it."

I just need to decide which course to do. Which course would be the most useful. Can't decide between Directing and a general film/tv production course that gives an overview of the whole process. The latter is cheaper but I don't know if that's enough to pull me to do that one. Especially that I've done a general one at uni.

Wish I had a group of friends who were into this as much as me so we could make our own crew and make our own films. I have very fond memories of my uni film-making course where I made a film with my friends. The fun of going to location shoots and collaborating over the way the movie should be. Sigh.

No comments: