Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Not Again

My brother got a girlfriend. God, he's quick. He's only been at uni a couple of months. And obviously he hasn't learnt anything from his last girlfriend - don't go out with religious girls who send mixed signals and are annoying.

Only last night we were talking about how he always picks the same type and gets hurt so I said, "Why don't you just change your type then?" and what does he do but get the exact same type of girlfriend right the next day. By doing so, he's only preventing himself from meeting better girls. This one is almost a copy of the last one.

I really had more hope for him.

This one seems like the type that needs looking after and lots of understanding. I asked him if guys like the type that needs someone to care for her and he said yes. He said he's happy when he makes the girl happy, which on one hand is very sweet but on the other kinda weak. Why can't guys like girls who can look after themselves and don't need someone to watch over them.

That frustrates me so much. Sure it would be nice to have a guy to care and protect you and all that but it would be even nicer to have a guy to just be there for you as more of a companion and an intellectual stimulator and an emotional supporter, rather than a body guard and a counsellor.

I don't think I'm getting my point across very well but I hope it gets through.

Basically, I'm just annoyed that he got another girlfriend who I don't like and he'll end up being hurt again.

No comments: