Sunday, May 22, 2005

Still Swooning

The memories of last night will sustain me till next Friday.

Amelia didn't end up coming because she remembered another party she had to go to. Can't believe she actually said, "If you want to escape your party, you can come with me". Like I wouldn't go to David's party!

But my friends not coming worked out to my advantage.

David: what happened to your friends?
me: Mike and Claudia didn't want to come. April had another party and couldn't get here afterwards. Another friend was supposed to come but canceled a few hours ago.
David: I'm happy you came.

*Head swoons*

While everyone was sittng at the table chatting, David and I were on the couch so that he was facing me and I was facing him, and the other people behind him. They kept giving us looks because they couldn't hold their conversation and kept running out of things to say.

We got talking about the weird circumstances in which we met. He said he doesn't usually talk to people at bus stops. I didn't say that I did. He said he was in a chatty mood that night. And he didn't know how he ended up asking for my email because I was a stranger to him. I told him how I was only there because I refused a lift from my friend and I wasn't even planning on coming that day. He said it was destiny.

*Head swoons*

(Yes, I don't believe in destiny but it sounded so nice coming out of his mouth.)

I didn't expect him to talk to me as much as he did. I loved talking with him. He is such an interesting person (even if not my type). I said numerous really stupid things which caused him to give me "I can't believe you" looks. I should think before I say things. But hey, he told me about stupid things he did before. He said that he was a different person 2 years ago. I'm glad I met him now though 'cause I probably wouldn't have wanted anything to do with the old him.

When he mentioned how he got clothes for his birthday and we got talking about that stuff, he asked me what I liked to wear. I told him similar to what I was wearing. He asked if I wore skirts. Told him it was too cold for them now. Didn't say I very rarely wear them. Like what freaking difference does it make if I wear skirts or not. Argh.

While we were chatting, he asked if I wanted to meet up next weekend "to see a movie or something". The party wasn't even over and he was already asking to meet up again. And it was supposed to be my turn. I was planning on calling him up during the week. You can imagine how happy I was he wanted to see me again.

He kept bugging me all night and I loved every second of it. At one point I asked him what he was doing 'cause he kept tugging at my hand and he said, "I just want to annoy you". He's one of the few people who's allowed to annoy me as much as he wants to.

When everyone except the 'dumb friend' left, I said I was going to go too and he was like "Oh, stay a bit more" and the 'dumb friend' (who from now on will be referred to as Miguel) said "Are we going to watch that movie we planned to?" and David said, "Nah, I don't feel like it. Let's just talk". I was so happy to hear him say that 'cause I didn't want to stay if we were just going to watch a movie. I said I'd stay till midnight. We were having such an engrossing conversation that I ended up staying with them till 12:30am. When Miguel was talking about how David met a girl at a cafe and she turned out to be horrible and David said, "You never know, some strangers turn out to be good" and he smiled at me.

*Head swoons*

When I saw his family pull up the driveway, I decided it was time to go. David said he'd walk me down to my car and Miguel got ready to come too but David said, "You don't have to come. Stay here." So when we got to my car and decided to organise our next meeting, I asked him, "What movie do you want to watch?" and he said he didn't care so I said, "Do you actually want to watch a movie?" and he said, "Nah, not really" with his cute smile in his eyes. That's perfect 'cause I didn't want to waste time watching movies when we could be enjoying each other's company.

Too bad I have no excuse to call him next week. Next Friday seems like forever away.

No comments: