Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Unemployment - Holiday

This week is starting to feel like the last week of a school term - more relaxed, less work to do, can leave earlier.

Even though of course I'm a bit upset that I will be unemployed next week, but for some reason I'm not as sad about it as you would expect. I'm kinda excited. Excited not only about being able to sleep in past 6:30am but about where my life is going to go. What new people I'll meet at my next job (which is most likely going to be some administrative temp work again). Will I decide to take the risk and do the film course? Am I going to stick to graphic design or find a job in something else? Lack of certainty can be exciting.

Just hope that my unemployment period isn't going to be too long. Which I'm pretty sure it will be but I don't want to think about that now.

Had to show the woman who's taking over my job how to use the program that she needs to know in order to design pictures. I gave her a basic overview and was about to leave her to it when she said, "But how do I make it look good?!". Now that was something I couldn't teach her. My manager later told her that maybe she should watch how I design stuff. I wanted to yell, "How about you just let me continue doing my job and she can do the other part of her role?!" Really have no idea how she's going to cope. She has never done graphic design in her life. And it's something you need practice in. I don't even want to remember the work I did when I started uni.

All day I was working like a robot. My fingers were doing one thing and my mind was completely somewhere else. Just remembering Saturday night was enough to get me through the day in front of the computer. Tried not to smile which was hard.

Yesterday when Andy and I went to our dance class and I was sitting on the train, he said to me "You look like you're trying not to smile". And the best thing is that he's actually interested in hearing me talk about BG3. He was telling me about the girl he's getting close with at uni. (He's quick.) I haven't decided yet if I like her or not. He said to me that it's weird how he always wanted a South American girlfriend and I always wanted a European one and it might turn out the other way around.

Also, was thinking how good it was that I started taking salsa classed because they really came in handy on Saturday. Who would've ever thought? Don't even want to think if I didn't even know the basics.

No comments: