Monday, May 30, 2005

I Have A Boyfriend?

David called again. I think I'm starting to enjoy talking to him every day. He forgot that I had my dance class today. He said he'll teach me himself. Yay, I get private dance lessons from my boyfriend. It still feels weird to refer to him as my boyfriend. I wonder when this shock will wear off.

At my dance class, I got to dance with a really funny young guy and I thought, "Damn, he has a girlfriend" but then I realised, "What am I even thinking?! I have a boyfriend!" It's like my old thoughts are a habit. My brain hasn't registered that I have a boyfriend.

Forgot to mention that Max messaged yesterday. And guess what? I ignored it and still have absolutely no desire to reply.

I'm too preoccupied with David. I wonder if I should call him tomorrow. I specifically remember how he told me that his last girlfriend called him every day and he thought it was a bit too much. Yet, he's calling me every day himself. I'm a little confused.

Cannot believe we did the old childish thing of not wanting to hang up first.

D: I'm getting tired
me: ok, well you better go to sleep. Good night.
D: good night
[Silence.]
D: are you still there?
me: yes, I thought you were going to sleep
D: you didn't hang up
me: neither did you
D: why should I?
me: because you said you were going to sleep
D: I am. Good night.
me: bye
D: bye
me: bye
D: bye
me: bye
D: you are such a child
me: me?! I'm not the tired one.
D: I'm waiting for you to hang up
me: we're so pathetic. Ok, we'll both hang up on three.
both: one, two, three
[silence. laughter]
me: I knew you wouldn't hang up! You're so predictable.

etc.

I remember having similar conversations with Nadine when we were kids.

We also had quite an engrossing discussion about which shampoos we use. I don't think I've even talked with April about that and I thought that April and I have covered every topic.

He told me about some girl from uni who keeps calling him for help. Since he told me on Friday how his last girlfriend was the really jealous type, it makes me wonder if he was testing how I would react about some girl calling him all the time. I told him that it's great that they can help each other with assignments. I honestly don't care. As long as I'm the one he likes, all the girls in the world can call him.

I checked my RG wishlist and it's scary that he fits almost all of it. Two major negatives: he believes in God and he's a risk-taker. Everything else important he has. He vacuums too which is a big plus.

I was reading about how girls prefer guys with some brute (i.e. bad boys) and insecure guys like to say that girls go for bad guys but really it's not that girls like to be treated badly or go for jerks, they just like a confident guy who gives off the impression of a bad guy but has a heart of gold. Or maybe that's just me. And David definitely is like that. He has a masculine presence about him and he looks like he can take charge of everything which is great. He even admitted that he liked to be in control and I'm just like that so I like someone who is capable of being more in charge than me. So even with all this confidence, he still has his boyish charm.

Ok ok, I'll stop going on about how much I like him.

I wonder if I'll lose some of my readers, now that I'm not single anymore... Since I mentioned that I got a boyfriend, I got twice as many readers for the last few days. I wonder if that's going to die down.

No comments: